It’s the 20th of February! Do you know what that means? Today is Love Your Pet Day! Each year on the 20th of February, Love Your Pet Day is celebrated to show our appreciation and love for our non-human best friends! After all, our dogs teach us and remind us to live our best life:
To say thanks to our beloved canine companions, here are 5 ways to show them that we truly think they are diamonds in the ruff!
1. Extra Playtime! Make the time to play an extra round of fetch or to walk around the block one more time! Play tug-o-war! Go to the dog park! Or if you’re stuck inside, our science-based games are a fun and interactive way to spend time with you dog.
2. Extra Treats! What dog can resist a tasty treat? Let your dog indulge in his favorite food! Your dog might not be able to balance 36 cookies on his nose, like the dog in the video below, but he deserves a reward for his loyalty and companionship.
3. Extra Car Rides! Whether or not you have errands to run or places to be, take your dog for a ride. Crack the window and let him smell the wind! Drive around until he conks out asleep in the backseat.
4. Extra Belly Rubs! If your dog loves belly rubs like this Siberian Husky, then today is the day to dole out the love with extra rubs to the tummy!
5. Extra Time With You! Because no matter what you do, your dog just wants to be with you! Spending the day together is the best gift you can give your dog.